Board‎ > ‎Board Meeting Minutes‎ > ‎

MCA Board Meeting Minutes 2/27/18

posted Mar 2, 2018, 5:45 PM by Nick Sintros

Present - Board

Tom Sintros

Nick Sintros

Jen Dickenson

JC Woodward

Ben Greene

Eric LaRoche


Guests

Lew Shelley


Annual Work Plan(s) for State on Bear's Den, RR Cut and Mt Monadnock
Bears Den AWP

  • Trails

    • Continue to maintain existing trails and documentation with photos etc.

    • Explore options to continue the trail up the steep slope

    • Hardening and drainage towards the base of the hill just past the pot holes

  • Signage

    • Signs at terminus of new trail to indicate the end of trail etc and points of interest

    • Erect kiosk adjacent to the parking lot.

  • Type and ownership of improvements

    • Add signage to existing AWP

  • Schedule of operations

    • Trail work weekend of May 18-20

    • Signage and trail cleanup Sept 29-30

    • Fall cleanup Nov 3-4

  • Not of officers changing after AWP due. We will update.


Railroad Cut

  • Sean from Trail Bureau gave go ahead to put in bridges where needed a the Railroad Cut

  • Continue work with Snoriders to maintain drainage

  • Kiosk and signage for both snowmobilers and climbers about the relationship.


Monadnock State Park

  • Patrick would like us to check out areas that we know climbers use particularly for Black Precipice area


Annual member/meeting/film night/election announcement

  • Hot Aches Wide Boyz II for member night $100 for 50 people

  • Look into DirtBag movie for a seperate movie night.

  • Meeting date April 4th. Deadline for members to send in interest for officer position April 11th. Ballot for officer election sent out by April 13th. Deadline for officer election voting April 18th. Send ballot to fill remaining board positions April 20th. Deadline for board position voting April 25th.


Ryan Owen of Monadnock Conservancy

  • Create an agreement with MC and Domina family for basic work, signage, trail maintenance etc.

  • Similar agreement for Marlow

  • Tom will talk to Ryan about getting “climbing” added to the easement for Marlow and Hewes


Nick will contact Access Fund for event pricing for member meeting.

Tom thanked Bob and Andy for their time and service to the board.


Comments